Stay active during your winter holiday in Carinthia
Fun in the snow away from the slopes
Cross-country skiing, tobogganing, hiking, ice-skating… there are many sides to winter holidays in Carinthia. Regardless of what you choose, winter in the Nockberge Mountains is never boring. Enjoy this paradise for yourself: come to Carinthia for you next ski or winter holiday.
Those looking for a break form the hustle and bustle of the ski slopes, or simply looking to enjoy the winter wonderland of Carinthia, can enjoy various other sports:
A 60km long well-maintained trail network runs throughout this Carinthian winter wonderland. Bring along a pair of sturdy hiking shoes in your luggage and conquer Bad Kleinkirchheim on foot. Looking to trudge across fields of untouched snow? In Bad Kleinkirchheim you can rent snowshoes and work your way through this winter wonderland feeling light as a feather.
Action on the snow and ice during your holiday in Carinthia
Carinthia has a wide variety of winter sports options to choose from. Whether it’s being active or comfy and cosy, the choice is yours.
- Curling during one of your restaurant breaks in the town of Bach
- Ice-skating on the ice rink near the tennis hall or at the nearby Brennsee in Feld am See.
- 4 toboggan runs:
- 4km Kaiserburg lit toboggan run– riding up with the Kaiserburgbahn as far as the middle station is possible every Wednesday from 5:30pm until 8pm during the high season.
- 4km Falkerthaus/Lärchenhütte toboggan run
- 4km Unterwirthütt'n Maibrunnabfahrt toboggan run (after skiing each day)
- 4km Poldlhütte toboggan run
A tip for those looking for a romantic activity: try a horse-drawn sleigh ride through the fairy tale winterscape. Book your sleigh ride by telephone: +43 4240 / 374.
Bad Kleinkirchheimer Tourismus Marketing GmbH
9546 Bad Kleinkirchheim
Phone.: +43 4240 / 8212