Alpe Adria Trans-Alp Tour
From the Main Alpine Ridge to the sea
The Alpe Adria Trans-Alp tour in numbers: 240-430 kilometres, 6,300 – 7,000 metres altitude, 4-6 day stages, 2 countries, seven regions. Impressed by these numbers? Take part in the next Alpe Adria Trans-Alp tour starting in Bad Kleinkirchheim.
From the Lungau region through Carinthia until you reach the Italian border. Overnight stays at rustic mountain huts and mountain bike hotels. Luggage transport and shuttle service are included in the tour price.
The Alpe Adria Trans-Alp – the cycling tour for border crossers
In groups divided into varying skill levels, professional guides will lead you on attractive bike trails toward the south. These tours can only be offered as guided tours, as they go through protected areas such as the Nockberge National Park and the River Tagliamento channel, however tours are available upon enquiry at any time. Upon request, a partial guided tour can be organised so that you take part in only certain stages of the tour.
Highlights of the Alpe Adria Trans-Alp Bike Tour
- Attractive stages through a variety of natural landscapes: Nockberge National Park, Carinthian lakes, southern Kalk Alps, Friuli lowlands to the Adriatic
- Interesting and varied route sections: Summit experiences, trails, root trails along the lakes, challenging gravel passages on the riverbed
- Experience, safety, expertise and cycling technique training – on tour with professionals!
- Culinary delicacies: Nockalm beef, fish from Upper Carinthia, Gail Valley alpine cheese, San Daniele prosciutto, Italian wine and lots more
- Overnight accommodation in alpine lodges and cycling wellness hotels
Alpe Adria Trans-Alp Fast Facts
- Total route: 240 – 430 km
- Total difference in altitude: 6300 – 7700 metres
- 4-6 one-day stages
- 2 countries, 7 regions
- Guided tour in groups of several different ability levels
- Cycling technique training and special tips from the guides during the tour
- Luggage transport throughout, and by request shuttle service or cable car transfer for individual sections of the tour
- 4-day version: 1 night half board in a traditional farmhouse, 1 night half board in a **** cycling wellness hotel, 1 night half board in an alpine lodge
- 5-6-day version: optional extension starting from St. Michael/Lungau or tour to the Adriatic possible! 1 night half board in a **** cycling wellness hotel in the Nockberge Mountains and 1 night half board in a *** hotel in San Daniele respectively
- Guided tours for people joining at short notice possible at any point on the Alpe-Adria-Bike stages!
Tour Stages on the Alpe Adria Trans-Alp through Bad Kleinkirchheim
Outline of stages, 4-day version:
Stage 1: Bad Kleinkirchheim – Kaiserburg – Feld am See – Mirnock (48 km, 1500 to 1700 metres difference in altitude)
Stage 2: Mirnock – Lake Millstätter See – Goldeck – Weißensee (68 km, 1300 metres difference in altitude)
Stage 3: Lake Weißensee – Hermagor – Straninger Alm (58 km, 1700 metres difference in altitude)
Stage 4: Straninger Alm – Tolmezzo – San Daniele (91 km, approx. 500 metres difference in altitude) – return transfer
Optional extension: Start from St. Michael/Lungau
Stage: St. Michael im Lungau –Nockberge National park – Bad Kleinkirchheim (68 km, 1800 to 2500 metres difference in altitude).
Optional extension to the Adriatic
Stage: San Daniele – Bibione/Adriatic (97 km, 50 metres difference in altitude) – return transfer.
- Tour organisation, shuttle service, luggage transport
- 4-6 full day tours with guide in varying skill level groups
- 2 nights/half-board in a rustic mountain hut (or on a farm)
- 1 night/ half-board in a four-star hotel.
- Optional extension of the tour over San Daniele to the Adriatic Sea is available!
- 1 night/ half-board in a rustic mountain hut
- 1 night/ half-board in a three-star hotel
Please click here to find out more about the current tour dates for the Alpe Trans-Alp.
Additional tour dates are available for groups of 5 persons or more at any time!
SPORT WITH FRIENDS
Sportschule Krainer Bike-Kompetenz-Zentrum
Sonnenstraße 5-7, 9544 Feld am See
Phone: +43 4246 / 3188